To begin the application process to the Nicholls Graduate School, individuals must submit the following at least one month prior to the semester of admission:
- Graduate Studies application form (apply electronically).
- Application fee of $20 (or $30 for international students), in the form of a check or money order payable to Nicholls State University.
Additionally, the following must be submitted to complete the application package:
- Official transcripts from all higher education institutions attended, must be sent directly from those institutions. Download record request form.
- Official GRE score reports must be sent from the Educational Testing Service to Nicholls State University.
Applicants must be admitted to the Graduate School prior to applying to the Specialist in School Psychology program. Applications are accepted at any time. Typically, the faculty determine acceptance of new students in November (for spring entry) and in April (for summer or fall entry).
- Specialist in School Psychology Program application form (download form).
- Three rating forms, completed by appropriate references (download form).
Candidates may apply prior to completing all prerequisites; however, all application materials must be on file with the program director for admission consideration (including GRE score). Admission may be granted in spring, summer, or fall semesters.
|Desired Due date||October 15th|
|Application Decisions||November 15th|
Summer or Fall Entry
|Desired Due Date||March 15th|
|Application Decisions||April 15th|
Applications are encouraged at any time in order to be considered for any unexpected vacancies in the program.
These completed forms should be mailed to:
Carmen Broussard, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology, Counseling and Family Studies
P.O. Box 2075
Thibodaux, LA 70310
Applicants will also be required to complete an interview with faculty representatives of the School Psychology Specialist program. Candidates may apply prior to completing all prerequisites; however, candidates having outstanding prerequisites may not earn more than 12 hours in the program.
Visit the Nicholls catalog for more information regarding admission to the Specialist in School Psychology program.