Dr. Betsy St. Pierre, LPC-S
B.A. in Psychology, Minor Business Administration, Nicholls State University, 2003
M.A in Psychological Counseling, Nicholls State University, 2005
Ph.D. in Counselor Education, University of New Orleans, 2010
Licensed Professional Counselor in Louisiana
Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor in Louisiana
Child Custody Evaluator State of Louisiana
Approved Clinical Evaluator State of Louisiana
Professional position or role within the College of Education:
“I am responsible for teaching both FACS and Psychology coursework for both undergraduate and graduate candidates in the College of Education. I am also the advisor for undergraduate FACS majors.”
Accomplishments in relation to professional occupational field:
- Research Interests
- Group work, Training of Group Workers, Supervision, Law Enforcement and Mental Health, Child and Adolescent Mental Health Assessment.
- Professional Affiliations
- Louisiana Counseling Association (LCA)
- Louisiana Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (LACES)
- American Red Cross Disaster Mental Health
- St.Pierre, B. (2014): Student Attitudes and Instructor Participation in Experiential Groups. The Journal for Specialists in Group Work, 39, 194-211.
- St.Pierre, B., Besse, H., & Miguez, L. (2014, September). Permanent Supportive Housing. Presented at the Louisiana Counseling Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- St.Pierre, B. & Besse, H. (2013, September). Working with Law Enforcement: Stereotypes and Training Needs. Presented at the Louisiana Counseling Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Mathis, R., St.Pierre, B., & Reynolds, K. (2012, October). Little Things Mean A lot. Presented at the Louisiana Counseling Association Annual Conference, Lake Charles, LA.
- St.Pierre, B. & Besse, H. (2012, October). The use of experiential groups in the training of group workers: Student attitudes and instructor participation. Presented at the Louisiana Counseling Association Annual Conference, Lake Charles, LA.
- Paradise, L., St.Pierre, B., & Tanaka, H. (2007). Doctoral Study in Counseling. Presented at the Louisiana Counseling Association Annual Conference, Baton Rouge, LA
- Private Practice
- Counseling Services provided to Individual and Couples, children to adults.
- Child Custody Evaluations
What are some interesting facts about yourself?
“I am the mother of 2 beautiful, rambunctious children ages 4 and 7. I love to do Crossfit, read, and travel. I am a total foodie and will discuss food in all of my classes!”
Complete one of the following statements: “My dream job other than teaching at Nicholls would be…” -OR- “My future career aspirations include…”
“My dream job other than teaching at Nicholls would be to put music to commercials, movies, and movie previews! Oh and I wish I could be a professional singer but I’m tone deaf.”
Answer one of the following questions: If you were to win the lottery, what would you do with the winnings? -OR- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
“If I could travel anywhere in the world I would go to Loch Ness and ride in a boat looking for the Loch Ness Monster.”