Dr. Carmen Broussard
Program Coordinator, Specialist in School Psychology Program
Co-Coordinator, NCATE, CAEP
B.S., Psychology, University of Southwestern Louisiana, 1989
M.A., Psychology, Louisiana State University, 1993
Ph.D., Psychology (School), Louisiana State University, 1996
Professional position or role within the College of Education:
Dr. Broussard is a part of the College of Education’s Graduate Faculty in Psychology, Counseling and Family Studies.
Accomplishments in relation to professional occupational field:
- Licensed Psychologist
- Professional Affiliations
- National Association of School Psychologists
- Louisiana School Psychology Association
- Licensed Specialist in School Psychology Advisory Committee
- Waguespack, A., Broussard, C., & Guilfou, K. (2012). School and home-based interventions in rural settings. In B. Smalley, J. Warren, & J. Rainer (Eds.), Rural mental health. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company
- Broussard, C., Davis, S., & Soignier, R.D. (2014). Do Students Remember the Rules? Presented at Jubilee Research Week, Nicholls State University.
- Broussard, C. & Singletary, L. (2013, March). Social Shape-Up: Universal Classroom Management. Presented at Jubilee Research Week, Nicholls State University.
What are some interesting facts about yourself?
“My specific interests are in behavioral intervention and consulting with teachers and parents to address child behavior. My experience has been largely with very young children and their caregivers. When I am away from Nicholls, I am usually outside in my garden. A perfect trip for me is to take a walk in the woods or a walk along the beach.”
Complete one of the following statements: “My dream job other than teaching at Nicholls would be…” -OR- “My future career aspirations include…”
“My dream job other than teaching at Nicholls would be to become a Master Gardener.”
Answer one of the following questions: If you were to win the lottery, what would you do with the winnings? -OR- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
“Doesn’t everyone want to win the lottery? I’d be sure my extended family’s needs are met, then move to a rural place where I could enjoy being among trees near the water. I would also support charitable organizations which address children’s needs.”