Dr. Cynthia Vavasseur
- B.S., English Education, Louisiana State University, 2000
- M.Ed., Elementary Education, Louisiana State University, 2001
- Ph.E., Educational Leadership and Research with a concentration in Educational Technology Leadership
Professional position or role within the College of Education:
Dr. Vavasseur is an Associate Professor and the program chair of the Master of Education in Educational Leadership program with a focus in Educational Technology.
Accomplishments in relation to professional occupational field:
- MacGregor, S.K. & Vavasseur, C.B. (2015). Online Communities of Practice: A Story of Principal-Teacher Interaction in Two Middle Schools. Journal of School Leadership 25.4.
- Vavasseur, C., Dempster, S., & Claytor, C. (in press). ITPD3: Instructional Technology Professional Development 3. Paper accepted in EdTekHub. ISTE
- Vavasseur, C. & Dempster, S. (2015). Do you have CLASS? Clever Literacy Apps for Student Success. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the International Society for Technology in Education. July, 2015.
- Vavasseur, C. & Crochet, F. (2015). The TARI project: Technolgoy Assisted Reading Intervention. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education. February, 2015.
- Gautreaux, G., Vavasseur, C. & Shanman, D. (2015). The Technology of Educational Technology: Is the Learn Unit the best predictor of Ed Tech effectiveness? Paper presented at the annual Jigsaw conference. UK
- Vavasseur, C. (2013). Preparing Teachers for Digital Age Learners. Invited Guest Speaker at the annual American Association of State Colleges and Universities annual meeting. Baltimore, MD.
- Vavasseur, C., Naquin, T., & Robert, C. (2013) Pre-Service Teachers Serving Students: Service Learning through Virtual Tutoring: A Case Study. International Journal of Service Learning in Higher Education Vol2. JSLHE.
- Vavasseur, C., Naquin, T., & Robert, C. (2012) Colonel Chat. Learning and Leading with Technology 40(1). ISTE.
- Vavasseur, C.B. (2012) Teach Me How To Tech: Videoconferencing in the Classroom. Visions Publications.
- Vavasseur, C., Naquin, T., & Robert, C. (2012) Colonel Chat. Paper presented at the annual Gulf South Service Learning Summit. Hattiesburg, MS.
- Vavasseur, C.B. (2011) “Principals Making a Difference Through Professional Development.” Considerations on Technology and Teachers: The Best of JRTE. Edited by Lynne Schrum. ISTE.
What are some interesting facts about yourself?
“I have 3 beautiful kiddos: Christian age 10, Avery age 8 and Gabriel age 5. We live next door to my mom and dad, who are my best friends in the world. We are Disney World fanatics (we go every Thanksgiving with my mom and dad) and love indoor waterparks. My husband is a Mechanical Engineer with BP. In my spare time, not that I have any, I love to run, play outside with my kiddos and go to the movies. I am a definite tech nerd and always want the latest gadgets.”
Complete one of the following statements: “My dream job other than teaching at Nicholls would be…” -OR- “My future career aspirations include…”
“My dream job other than teaching at Nicholls would be to play the Evil Queen at Disneyland in California (nicer weather than Florida).”
Answer one of the following questions: If you were to win the lottery, what would you do with the winnings? -OR- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
“If I won the lottery, I would build a compound for my family with horses for Avery, a chef and a personal trainer for myself, and a football arena for Gabriel and Christian. BUT, I don’t think I would ever leave my job because I love what I do and the candidates I work with.”