Dr. Dennis J. Guillot
Diesel Mechanics, South Louisiana Vocational Technical Institute; May 1987
A.S., Respiratory Therapy Technology, Nicholls State University
B.A.S, University of Southwestern Louisiana (now ULL), May 1994
M.S. Kinesiology, Louisiana State University, August 1996
Ph.D, Kinesiology, Louisiana State University, May 2015
Professional position or role within the College of Education:
“I instruct across the HPED curriculum but mainly the HPED methods and the HPED Science based courses.”
Accomplishments in relation to professional occupational field:
- Louisiana State Department of Education: Teacher Certification Level 1, Health and Physical Education (K-12), since 2012.
- Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners: Respiratory Therapist, since 1994.
- Health and Physical Education (K-12) level 1 Teacher
- LHSAA Coach
- Exercise Specialist
- Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Registered as a Respiratory Therapist and Clinical Exercise Physiologist
- State President Elect for the Louisiana Society for Respiratory Care.
- American Association for Respiratory Care National Sputum Bowl Team Champions and Runners-Up in 2010 and 2012.
- LA Society Respiratory Care Scholastic Research Paper, Practitioner Division, 1st. (2006)
- Nicholls State University Apple Award for Outstanding Faculty Merit (2013)
- Max Charter School Outstanding Service Award (2014)
What are some interesting facts about yourself?
“I have two great kids, Jonathan and Skyler.”
Complete one of the following statements: “My dream job other than teaching at Nicholls would be…” -OR- “My future career aspirations include…”
“Since earning my Doctorate degree, my main pursuits are enjoy life more, get my house completed, and enjoy my kids more.”