Dr. Mary Junot
Title: Associate Professor of Education
Department: Teacher Education
Office Phone: 985-448-4733
Office Location: 243 College of Education and Behavioral Sciences Building
- B.S. Home Economics Education, University of Southwestern Louisiana, May 1975
- M.Ed. Home Economics Education, University of Southwestern Louisiana, August 1976
- D.Ed. Educational Leadership, Nova Southeastern University, March 2003 • Dissertation: “Development of a Curriculum on Academic Honesty and Ethical Behavior in Family and Consumer Sciences”
Dr. Junot is the Program Coordinator for SEFC Secondary Education: Concentration Family & Consumer Sciences. She is also the advisor for SEFC and BFED majors as well as a co-advisor for the NEAT student organization.
What are some interesting facts about yourself?
“After an 18 year career in the LSU Ag Center’s Extension Program, I accepted a teaching position at Nicholls in the FACS department to return home to care for aging parents. I now keep busy with 2 grown children and their families that include 3 grandchildren. I love to travel and have been to Hawaii, Mexico, Jamaica, the Bahamas, and Puerto Rico in the last 3 years. I am currently planning a trip to Europe. My best vacation destination is to a beach! Besides traveling, I love to read best sellers and walk on my treadmill.” Complete one of the following statements: “My dream job other than teaching at Nicholls would be…” -OR- “My future career aspirations include…” “My dream job other than teaching at Nicholls would be to be a tour guide in Europe where I could learn about various attractions while visiting other countries and immersing myself in their cultures. Answer one of the following questions: If you were to win the lottery, what would you do with the winnings? -OR- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? “If I were to win the lottery, I would set up retirement accounts for my two children and education accounts for my three grandchildren. I’d also make various donations to education non-profits and youth programs.”
- Bhattacharyya, S., Mead, T., Junot, M., Welch, A. (2013). Effectiveness of Science Method Teaching in Teacher Education: A longitudinal case study. Journal of Science Education, 17(2).
- Bhattacharyya, S., Junot, M., Clark, H. (2013, October). Can You Hear Us? Voices Raised Against Standardized Testing by Novice Teachers. Creative Education, 4(10).
- Professional Affiliations:
- American Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (AAFCS)
- Louisiana Association of Family & Consumer Sciences (LAFCS); served on the Board – 10 years
- National Association of Teacher Educators for Family & Consumer Sciences (NATEFACS)
- Reviewed 3 chapters of the new edition of the Pearson Publishing textbook Consumer Economics: Issues and Behaviors. Submitted comments/corrections to the publisher for the author to consider before the textbook went to print.
- Reviewed 2 chapters of the new edition of the Pearson textbook Personal Finance: Turning Money into Wealth. Submitted comments/corrections to the publisher for the author to consider before the textbook went to print.
- Contacted by ETS.org to review PRAXIS exam questions for Family & Consumer Sciences content. Submitted recommendations for revisions to the exam.