Special Event Permit Guidelines

Special Event Permits are required for events where alcoholic beverages are served as an incidental part of the event for payment rendered or are supplied as part of a general admission or other type fee.

  • Contact Thibodaux Mayor’s Office to have a “letter of no objection” written to provide to the state (no cost).
  • Contact the Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control to request a Special Event Permit. Depending on the event, you will be charged $0, $10 or $100. You will have to present the letter of no objection from the mayor at this time.
  • The off-campus organization will give a copy of the Special Event Permit to the Campus Reservations Office and keep the original for their file.
  • The off-campus organization must provide a copy of the liquor license from all distributors providing the alcohol.