Congratulations on being selected to study at Nicholls State University!
The exchange coordinator at your home institution must send the following information to email@example.com.
– Student Name
– Date of Birth
– E-mail address
How to Apply
Complete online application at www.nicholls.edu/apply and follow this process:
- Click ‘First time user account creation’
- Create your login ID and PIN.
- Select your application type of ‘International/Exchange Undergraduate’
- Complete the application for admission. This application must be completed and submitted for the application to be processed.
- Arrange for the following:
- Official TOEFL scores sent directly from ETS (Nicholls School Code:6221)
- Affidavit of Support form
- Financial Statement from Bank verifying information provided on the affidavit
- Copy of passport
These documents are to be sent to:
Nicholls State University – Office of Admissions
906 East 1st Street – Otto Candies Hall
Thibodaux, LA 70301
Deadlines for admission application
Deadline for Spring Semester: October 15th
Deadline for Fall Semester: May 15th
Submit Housing request through Housing Portal (Once the online application is processed you will be sent login information so that you can complete the information required to apply for Housing).
When your application is processed and required documents received and reviewed the Office of International Student Services will issue a DS-2019 form to be used to obtain a J-1 visa. Your acceptance packet will include your DS-2019 immigration document, letter of acceptance and other relevant information.
You will find Semester Registration Information at the following link: https://www.nicholls.edu/register/ Choose the Schedule of Classes for the semester that you will study at Nicholls. Please select a minimum of 5 courses / 15 credit hours. Your desired schedule of classes is to be sent to Marilyn Gonzalez by email at firstname.lastname@example.org , or by Fax: 985-449-7139
Click here to be familiar with the Visa procedures to enter the United States and carry out the necessary steps to obtain your Visa.
Medical Insurance Requirements
Exchange Visitors in J1 status in the United States must carry medical insurance for the full duration of their academic program. Please click here to view the insurance requirements and a suggested list of insurance companies.