The Non-Master’s Alternative Certification program allows students with a bachelor’s degree to earn teacher certification. Applicants must meet the following admission criteria:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have a 2.5 undergraduate grade point average.
- Must have successfully completed Praxis I (Pre-Professional Skills Test) unless candidates:
- scored a 22 or higher on the ACT OR
- scored a SAT combined verbal and mathematics score of 1030 OR
- possess a master’s degree or higher.
- Must have successfully completed Praxis II (Content Knowledge) for the respective certification area.
Visit the Louisiana State Department of Education Web site to view the current list of Louisiana Praxis/NTE tests and score requirements.