Organizes and directs recruitment and other events including community service projects and fundraisers. There are a total of 26 national sororities that are members of the National Panhellenic Association of which we have 3 at Nicholls.
HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
The Process to Becoming a Member
It’s a mutual selection process that works to place interested women in sororities based on both of their preferences. Here’s what the recruitment process looks like night-by-night…
- Greek 101… the first night of recruitment. Greek 101 is completely casual. The only Greek women you’ll see this night are the Recruitment Counselors who will assist you each night during the process. At Greek 101, you’ll learn about the different sororities at Nicholls and about Panhellenic Sororities all over the world.
- Philanthropy Night… the second night. For Philanthropy Night where you will learn about the community service efforts of each chapter and you’ll get your first chance to meet the sorority women.
- Slideshow Night… the third night. This night you’ll get the chance to once again meet the sorority women and find out even more about them.
- Preference… the fourth night. Preference will give you a chance to speak with individual sorority members on a more intimate level. It’s more formal than any of the other nights and you’ll get to see a glimpse of each sororities rituals and what it means to them.
- Bid Day… the last recruitment event. After you get a bid to join a sorority, you’ll be whisked away to Bid Day where you’ll get a chance to bond with your new sisters.
Formal Recruitment is held each Fall Semester. Anyone interested must have a 2.7 GPA from either high school or college (whichever is more recent) and pay a $25.00 non refundable application fee. Registration will open on June of each year. You can register here to register online.