Through effective management, leadership and educational and social programming, the Office of Greek Life provides for the needs of the current and prospective Fraternity and Sorority membership.
A positive and meaningful experience for every Fraternity and Sorority member.
We acknowledge the importance of education and we will promote the development of academic excellence at Nicholls State University.
We recognize that our strength lies within our diversity and we will respect and promote the contributions of all Fraternity and Sorority members in the Nicholls State University community.
We recognize and encourage the spirit of our fraternal organizations.
We believe our innovation and proactive thinking will allow for the continual improvement and development of our fraternal organizations.
We believe our strength lies within people and we will encourage and ensure an atmosphere of respect and understanding.
We value the leadership potential of everyone in the Nicholls State University community and we will provide meaningful opportunities for personal growth that add to the overall enhancement of fraternal life.
As a student centered department we value the importance of our students’ role in their development, whereby we will understand and recognize our students fraternal needs in a sound, professional and accountable manner while challenging them to push beyond their personal limits.
- To provide opportunities for students to forge strong bonds of friendship and lifetime commitments to shared values and interests
- To encourage excellence in academic pursuits and leadership development among Greeks
- To provide experiences and opportunities for character development
- To promote philanthropy and community service by all Greek chapters
- To encourage Greek advocacy on issues and concerns that affect the broader student community
- To collaborate with Greek advisors and alumni in accomplishing individual Greek chapter and Council goals