Nursing/Allied Health Clinical Requirements

College of Nursing and Allied Health
Clinical Immunization Requirements

The following immunizations are needed to enroll in Nursing and/or Allied Health.
(There will be no exceptions or waivers.)

Measles or (Rubeola) — (2) doses of Measles vaccine or positive Measles antibody IgG titer.

Rubella — (1) dose of Rubella vaccine or positive Rubella IgG antibody titer.

Mumps — (1) dose of Mumps vaccine or positive Mumps antibody IgG, EIA Serum Titer

Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis  – (Tdap)
-Must be within last 10 years and take you through the entire semester for compliancy.
-If you cannot show proof of vaccination, you must get another Tdap vaccine.

Hepatitis B — series of (3) vaccines or positive HBV Surface Antibody Quantitative Titer

Varicella (Chickenpox) — (2) doses of Varicella vaccine or positive Varicella-Zoster Virus Antibody IgG titer.
-Results must be positive >1.10

Tuberculosis (TB Skin Test) — test required to be done annually and it must take you through the entire semester for compliancy.
***If test is positive with 10mm indurations or (5mm indurations with exposure to person with active TB)-you must be sent to either the Lafourche or Terrebonne Parish Health Unit for Chest Clinic. The student will then be sent to Chabert Medical Center for chest x-ray and instructed to follow up with health unit where they will issued medication.

You must bring us written proof from the health unit that you are following TB protocol and then a compliance slip will be issued. At any time that the student discontinues treatment per TB protocol, we will be notified by the health unit and the student will be deemed ineligible for clinicals. The student will then be required to bring us written compliance once again from the health unit stating that they are continuing treatment and we will contact the instructor and allow the student to resume clinicals.

Physical — All Allied Health students are required to have physicals done upon entering clinicals. Allied Health departments should issue physical forms and those must be completed by a physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant.
-To download a copy of our physical form, click the following link:
Student Physical Form