1. Variety, moderation and balance are the keys.
2. Kilocalorie requirements should be adequate.
3. Carbohydrates are important as a source of energy, particularly during exercise.
4. Complex carbohydrates are the best sources of carbohydrates. Remember this when snacking.
5. Fat is needed by the human body.
6. Fat should come more from plant sources and less from animal sources.
7. Protein intake should be from lean sources, and supplements are not necessary.
8. Calcium intake should be about 1200 milligrams per day.
9. Folic acid and iron are also important minerals to the body.
10. Donâ€™t forget to drink your water.