1. Good Morning Stretch
- Before getting out of bed, stretch your arms and legs.
- Inhale and exhale slowly. Smile and get ready for your day.
2. Shower Stretches
- Chin to Chest — let water rundown neck and back.
- Reach overhead and then pat yourself on the back.
3. Brushing Teeth Tighteners
- Leg lifts.
4. Telephone Thigh Toners
- Squats; plies.
- Calf raises.
5. Car Crunches
- Abdominal (Isometric toning).
6. Daily Activity Dashes
- Take longer routes.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Walk to the store or the mailbox. Make extra steps in your day. Walk whenever, wherever you can.
- Work in your garden.
- Park your car farther away at stores, at school, etc.
- Take the long route to your next class.
- Take a walk during class breaks.
7. Shopping Strategies
- Stop looking for the “front door parking spaces.”
- Push the buggy.
- Bend and reach.
- Stretch while standing in line.
8. Paper Pumpers
- Do arm exercises with small hand weights while reading the newspaper or magazine.
9. Kitchen Kick
- Perform front kicks and/or round house kicks while preparing meals.
10. Life Lifting
- Lift kids, groceries, pets, furniture, etc.