Saturday, August 19, 2017
All of our residents will receive an email with their building assignment and time they should arrive to check in on Move-In Day. It is important that residents arrive at their designated arrival time in order to better assist each student with the move-in process. If you require a different move-in time then what is assigned please contact our office and our staff will assist you. During the check-in process residents will also pay their $10 RHA fee. Residents will then be treated to a variety of welcome week events.
What to Pack
- Sheets (standard twin in Babington, Ellender & Calecas*; extra-long twin in Millet, Scholars, and Zerangue; full in La Maison du Bayou and Calecas*)
- Alarm clock
- Towels and wash cloths
- Extension cord (must be UL approved, 3 wire grounded plug type and have adequate electrical load capacity)
- Surge protector (UL approved, 15 amp breaker, 3 wire grounded plug, 6 or fewer outlets, on/off switch)
- Refrigerator (a small one)
- Bulletin board
- Answering machine
- Storage containers, shoe rack, hanging shelf
To ensure the safety and security of all residents there are items that have been deemed as potential fire hazards, and therefore are not allowed in the residence halls at any time. The Housing and Residence Life Office will conduct periodical residence hall room safety inspections to ensure the safety of all residents.
Here are some of the most common items/appliances that are prohibited:
- Space heaters
- Hot plates
- Halogen lamps
- Extension cords that are not UL approved
- Any multiple plugs (with exception of power strips)
- Pets, other than fish (10-gallon tank limit)
- Firearms and weapons
- Drugs and alcohol
If you have a question about any item you wish to keep in your room, please speak to your Head Resident immediately or you may receive a fine for having a violation of university policy in your room.