Housing Exemption Requirements:
All unmarried full-time undergraduate students, regardless of age or whether or not emancipated, are required to live in on-campus housing as long as space is available unless exempted by the University. In order to become exempt, a student must apply for an exemption and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- A student living with parents, grandparents, or married brother or sister and commuting daily from an allowable distance to campus (45 minutes).
- A student who is married or is a single custodial parent.
- A student who is at least 21 years of age on or before the first day of classes for the upcoming academic year. (An academic year is the Fall semester through Spring semester.)
- A student who has earned 90 credit hours on or before the first day of classes for the upcoming academic year.
- A student is experiencing extreme or significant medical or financial hardship due to campus residency.
Please note that an exemption request must be approved by the Office of Residential Living. If you have any questions about becoming exempt, please contact our office via email, by telephone, or in person.