FILL OUT THE RHA INTEREST FORM TO BE A PART OF RHA!
The Residence Hall Association (RHA) is a student-led leadership organization that represents all students on campus who live in the residence halls. RHA is the voice of all on-campus residents. RHA seeks out to develop both the leaders within the halls and help make on-campus living more of a community through programming and advocating for on-campus students’ needs. RHA focuses on the students’ wants and needs within their living community. RHA sponsors programs for the entire campus; we bring together individuals and serve as a governing-body for the on-campus population. We are nationally affiliated with The National Association of College and University Residence Halls, Inc. (NACURH) and attend conferences to improve the services to our residents and represent Nicholls State University nationally.
- To establish a formal means of communication between campus residents and the University community in order to provide the best living/learning environment.
- To encourage interaction between residents in order to establish a community environment.
- To offer assistance to the residence hall staff.
Who We Are
- Serve as the official representative of the RHA to campus
- Preside over all RHA general meetings and executive board meetings
- Handle all matters to general welfare of organization
- Make appointments to other organizations as deemed appropriate and necessary
- Vote only in the case of a tie at RHA meetings
- Provide for the election proceedings of positions of members and the executive board
- Serve as the liaison to the residence life/housing staff, office and administration
- Assume the duties of the president in her absence
- Coordinate and oversee the committees within the RHA
- Hold judiciary meetings as necessary and revise the constitution as deemed appropriate
- Chair or aid in large scale programming or general programming for the RHA
- Serve as parliamentarian
- Know and interpret the general parliamentary procedure for the organization
- If there exists a finance committee, this person would serve as chair
- Collect, record, and deposit all forms of funds for the RHA
- Prepare reports for the RHA determined and outlined in the responsibilities
- Coordinate the budget and all expenditures for the RHA insuring that there are no outstanding debts
- Maintaining a good relationship with local vendors
- Train and coordinate other financial officers in the RHA
- Prepare semester financial reports
- Maintain records of the RHA including minutes, attendance reports, and program reports
- Distribute materials to the appropriate students, faculty, administration, staff, etc.
- Send out reminders or updates to members, students, faculty, administration, staff, etc.
- Oversee communication within the organization including contact lists, e-mail lists, etc.
- Maintain a recognition program within the organization
- Serve as a liaison to a university committee/housing committee
National Communications Coordinator (NCC)
- Serve as the liaison between the RHA, NACURH and the regional affiliate SWACURH
- Attend and vote at regional and national conferences, in particular, NCC Business Meetings
- Serve as the delegation chair for conferences
- Coordinate all aspects of forming and sending a delegation to conferences
- Relay information from other NACURH member schools to the RHA
- Prepare and submit all dues and reports to NACURH and SWACURH
- Coordinate the Of the Month process
Rachel Boguille, M.A., Area Coordinator for West Area & Freshman Programs
- Attend RHA meetings and functions
- Interpret institutional policy and parliamentary procedure as appropriate
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the RHA
- Provide guidance, advice and support to RHA members as appropriate
- Provide history for the organization as necessary
- Provide stability as an ex-officio member of the organization
RHA helps fund events planned in the residence halls by their staff and executes events that bring the campus community together. With diverse programs that are fun, educational, and recreational RHA is building a true community.
Where We Come From
Our National Affiliation
The National Association of College and University Residence Halls, Inc. (NACURH, Inc.) http://www.nacurh.org/
Our Regional Affiliation
The Southwest Association of College and University Residence Halls, Inc. (SWACURH. Inc.) http://swacurh.nacurh.org/
The purpose of NACURH, Inc. is to design and facilitate programs and informational services to promote the educational goals of the residence hall students. This takes the form of national and regional conferences, which are attended by RHA members every year. These conferences combine fun and learning at the same time. Delegates have a chance to meet students from different schools and exchange new and innovative ideas, which will benefit both groups. NACURH maintains a viable communication network between all colleges and universities. Other parts of the communication network include our corporate contracts, USA Today and On Campus Marketing. By taking an active role in NACURH and the services, it has to offer, each residence hall student can help to improve residence halls worldwide. Nicholls State University NACURH, Inc. benefits include:
Regional & National Conferences
Recognition and Pride
Communication and Information Exchange
Involvement of Advisors
Corporate Sponsors Indirect Benefits
Improving Residence Hall Life
Sense of Accomplishment
- Professional Affiliation