Undergraduate Transfers Applicants

IMPORTANT:  A transcript is considered official if it is sent directly by the school or received by the ADMISSIONS Office in a sealed envelope. EMAILED and PHOTOCOPIED Transcripts ARE NOT ACCEPTED.

Address to Mail Transcripts:
Nicholls State University – Office of Admissions
906 East 1st Street – Otto Candies Hall
Thibodaux, LA 70301
Phone: (985)448-4507

Transferring from a Foreign University:

  • Official University transcripts.
    If not in English, an Official English Translation is required. (Must provide BOTH the official transcript in native language and English translation.)
  • Official course descriptions
    Description of all courses taken at foreign University (in English.)
  • Official certification of degree earned (diploma)
    If not in English, an Official English Translation is required.

Transferring from U. S. University or Community College:

  • Official University transcripts.
  • Official certification of degree earned (diploma)
  • Copies of current I-20 and I-94.
    When an international student (on an F1 (student) visa) transfers to another US school, communication is required between the International Offices of each school to facilitate transfer of the SEVIS record (I-20 information) from the previous school to Nicholls.  In these cases, a transfer form (International Student SEVIS Transfer Form) is necessary for the student to sign and get to their previous international office.  This is done after the student is admitted to Nicholls State and the student is responsible for this.  An I-20 Form cannot be issued without this for transfers from U.S. schools.