LaPolitics is hiring a research assistant/writer in Baton Rouge.
Gaubert Oil is offering an internship in marketing and communications. Send resumés to email@example.com
Description: Gaubert Oil Company, Inc. seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications
efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working
for a well-known organization.
- Assist in updating and maintaining social media presence, including scheduling Facebook updates
- Assist in planning, writing and managing monthly Quarterly Newsletter
- Assist in the creation of signage, mock-ups, email campaigns, flyers, graphics, and social media content.
- Update the website(s) when needed
- Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Support the marketing team
- Seek and analyze competitor marketing material and digital content
- Create and maintain tracking reports of digital and traditional marketing efforts
- Develop new social media campaigns, considering current and planned promotional activities.
- Monitor social channels and respond to feedback, questions, and concerns
- Provide administrative support to management when required
- Assist in planning and hosting marketing events
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English,
Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in
Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop highly desired. Knowledge HTML and graphic design a plus
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet
Anthem, gun laws, and President Trump among potential speech forum topics — Nicholls students will have the opportunity to vote on the topic to be debated at the spring speech forum.
Read the full article on the Nicholls Worth website.
The Ellis Marsalis Trio Concert will be held on February 7, 2018, at 7:30 pm in the Danos Theater.
Regarded by many as the premier modern jazz pianist in New Orleans, Ellis Marsalis has had an impressive career not only as a performer and composer but also as a leading music educator at the New Orleans Center for Creative Arts, the University of New Orleans and Xavier University. His former students include the likes of Harry Connick Jr., Terence Blanchard and four of his six sons (including Brandford, Wynton, Delfeayo and Jason Marsalis) among others.
Tickets are $20.00 and can be purchased at the Student Union Information Desk starting today between 8 am – 4 pm.
Student ticket are available in the SGA office in the Student Union.
Don’t miss our fall speech forum Wednesday, Nov. 8, where students will debate if university decision-making should include all relevant student organizations, including SGA.
The Office of Marketing and Communications is looking for an intern to help write copy for The Colonel, press releases, some marketing copy and assist with social media.
If interested, contact Jacob Batte, Media Relations and Publications Coordinator at 985-448-4141.
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) is offering a summer 2017 Aviation Mass Communication Intern position to the students in the Public Relations Program. The selected student must be a junior or senior and classified as full time. The position is for 40 hours/week and senior pay is $11.62/hr. and junior is $10.46/hr.The position is currently posted on the Civil Service website at www.jobs.la.gov or resumes may be sent via email to Mr. Brad Brandt at
The position is currently posted on the Civil Service website at www.jobs.la.gov or resumes may be sent via email to Mr. Brad Brandt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The internship is for 12 to 15 weeks beginning in May 2017 and ending in August 2017.
See attached for full description and details.
TPCG ( Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government) is looking for a new intern for this summer ( June and July 2017).
To qualify for the internship students must have knowledge and experience in:
- Operating a Camera
- Production software (i.e. Final Cut, Premier ect)
Brian Rodrigue, the network administrator at TPCG, is hoping to produce more content for Terrebonne Parish as well as the departments within TPCG. Attached is the detailed job description and a link to the job posting. Students must print out the application and bring it to
8026 Main Street, 5th floor ( HR)
Houma, LA 70360
Dr. Rya Butterfield will teach a special topics course (SPCH391) on Intercultural Communication for Spring 2018.