Internships — Step by Step
Students must register for MACO 390 and pay fees to receive credit for an internship.
- The intern has to send a letter to the adviser stating that he/she has been accepted as an intern. The student has to prepare a prospectus which includes the following:
- Background of company.
- Supervisor’s name and position.
- What the supervisor does.
- What qualifies this person as a supervisor.
- Number of hours per week the intern will be working. (Minimum of 10, no limit above that)
- Must state what duties and responsibilities will be.
- The supervisor needs to write to the supervising professor a letter stating that the student has been accepted as an intern and spell out the details and hours to beworked.
- The student gives the supervisor the appropriate evaluation forms (page 12-17) to be filled out at the end of the semester.
- The supervisor needs to write a letter stating how the student performed and send the rating instrument before the semester ends.
- The student will keep a clip file. This could include a scrapbook, tapes, portfolio,video, etc.
- The intern must keep a daily log by date, day and time (see form on page 11). At the end of the semester this is included in the clip file.
- The intern must write an internship report analyzing what was good and bad, what he/she learned, how beneficial the internship was and how the internship could beimproved. This report would be turned in with the clip file and daily log.
- All this will be due to the internship advisor by finals week.
- April 11, 2017 at 8:24 amThe Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) is offering a summer 2017 Aviation Mass Communication Intern position to the students in the Public Relations Program. The selected student must be a junior or senior and classified as full time. The position is for 40 hours/week and senior pay is…...
- April 4, 2017 at 1:01 pmTPCG ( Terrebonne Parish Consolidated Government) is looking for a new intern for this summer ( June and July 2017). To qualify for the internship students must have knowledge and experience in: Operating a Camera Production software (i.e. Final Cut, Premier ect) Audio Brian Rodrigue, the network administrator at TPCG,…...