The Day of Percussion is FREE to attend and it is open to anyone.
8 am – 9 am
9 am – 11 am
Masterclass with Dr. Miranda
11 am – noon
NSU Percussion Ensemble Concert
Noon- 1 pm
1 pm – 2:20 pm
Marimba and Snare Drum Competition
2:30 pm – 3:50 pm
Masterclass with Dr. Moore
Announce Winners of Marimba and SD Competitions
Thank you for your interest in our contest. We are very excited to invite you to our I Bayou Marimba Competition/I Bayou Rudimental Snare Drum Competition. The event will be held on April 14th, 2018 at Peltier Hall, Nicholls State University.
This event will give middle/high school percussion students a great performance opportunity.
About the contest:
- It will take place at the Nicholls State University, 906 East 1st St. Madewood South; Thibodaux, Louisiana 70301 NSU Peltier Hall, Thibodaux, Louisiana
- It is open to any student attending middle/high school.
- Both competitions have the same registration form. You can sign up for both competitions. If that is the case, please submit two separate forms.
- The performer may play any music of his/her own selection
- ONE copy of the music will be required for the judges.
- We will furnish instruments for all of the performers. However, performer may bring their own instrument.
We will provide:
- Yamaha Marimba, 5 octave, rosewood marimba
- (4.3 synthetic instrument also available if your student is more familiar with that type of instrument)
- 14” marching Pearl snare drum
The Contest Judges:
Dr. Joe W Moore III (University of Texas, Rio Grande Valley)
Dr. Gustavo Miranda (Nicholls State University)
Performers are required to supply one copy of the music to be performed
Performers must play a solo piece that should not exceed 10 minutes in length
Deadline for entry is April 9, 2018
Each performer is required to bring his/her own mallets, drumsticks
Registration form must be sent to Dr. Miranda at email@example.com
Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Day of Percussion
Saturday, April 14