Bassic, a bass clarinet choir from Nicholls State University led by Dr. Michael Bartnik, recently performed at ClarinetFest in Knoxville, TN. This conference is put on annually by the International Clarinet Association.
The Day of Percussion is FREE to attend and it is open to anyone.
8 am – 9 am
9 am – 11 am
Masterclass with Dr. Miranda
11 am – noon
NSU Percussion Ensemble Concert
Noon- 1 pm
1 pm – 2:20 pm
Marimba and Snare Drum Competition
2:30 pm – 3:50 pm
Masterclass with Dr. Moore
Announce Winners of Marimba and SD Competitions
Thank you for your interest in our contest. We are very excited to invite you to our I Bayou Marimba Competition/I Bayou Rudimental Snare Drum Competition. The event will be held on April 14th, 2018 at Peltier Hall, Nicholls State University.
This event will give middle/high school percussion students a great performance opportunity.
About the contest:
- It will take place at the Nicholls State University, 906 East 1st St. Madewood South; Thibodaux, Louisiana 70301 NSU Peltier Hall, Thibodaux, Louisiana
- It is open to any student attending middle/high school.
- Both competitions have the same registration form. You can sign up for both competitions. If that is the case, please submit two separate forms.
- The performer may play any music of his/her own selection
- ONE copy of the music will be required for the judges.
- We will furnish instruments for all of the performers. However, performer may bring their own instrument.
We will provide:
- Yamaha Marimba, 5 octave, rosewood marimba
- (4.3 synthetic instrument also available if your student is more familiar with that type of instrument)
- 14” marching Pearl snare drum
The Contest Judges:
Dr. Joe W Moore III (University of Texas, Rio Grande Valley)
Dr. Gustavo Miranda (Nicholls State University)
Performers are required to supply one copy of the music to be performed
Performers must play a solo piece that should not exceed 10 minutes in length
Deadline for entry is April 9, 2018
Each performer is required to bring his/her own mallets, drumsticks
Registration form must be sent to Dr. Miranda at email@example.com
Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Day of Percussion
Saturday, April 14