Scholars Expeaux provides students and faculty with platforms to showcase their research and creative projects through a student poster competition, humanities symposium, performing arts presentation, short narrative film screening, visual art display, Mosaic student readings and culinary arts demonstration.
Formerly known as Research Week, the event gives students the opportunity to design and fulfill research and other creative projects, while working alongside faculty mentors.
In total, 58 undergraduate and graduate students will be presenting their work.
Faculty are able to display their research through a series of podium talks and poster displays.
Student abstracts at the annual research exhibit include topics ranging from how southern ribbed mussels have rebounded from the 2010 Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill to the presence of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in Bayou Lafourche to how eating a healthy diet can affect a person’s mood.
The 3-day schedule of events for Scholars Expeaux:
- Faculty, graduate and undergraduate poster viewing from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13 and Thursday, March 14 in the Cotillion Ballroom
- Humanities symposium from 10 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 2 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13 in the Bollinger Suite
- Student art showcase from 2 to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13 in the Ameen Art Gallery
- Short narrative film screening session from 3 to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13 in the Bollinger Suite
- Mosaic 2019 student readings from 5:15 to 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 13 in the Bollinger Suite
- Faculty podium presentations from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 14 in the Bollinger Suite
- Chef John Folse Culinary Institute cooking demonstration from 9 to 11:45 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. on Friday, March 15 in the Ledet Building
- Performing arts concert at 7 p.m. on Friday, March 15 at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Thibodaux.
Reservations are required for the culinary arts demonstration and can be made by calling 493-4712.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: March 6, 2019
CONTACT: Jacob Batte, Media Relations and Publications Coordinator, 985.448.4141 or email@example.com