Students intending to apply to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program must meet the admission requirements of Nicholls State University and submit an additional application to the BSN program.
Students must meet the following minimum criteria to apply for admission into the clinical nursing sequence:
- Completion of required first 35 hours of the BSN Curriculum.
- Grade-point average of at least 2.75 (4.0 scale) in all required courses with no grade below a “C”. Only the first 35 hours of required courses in the Nicholls BSN curriculum will be utilized to determine GPA.
- Students are limited to a total of three (3) repeats among the 35 prerequisite hours to be eligible to apply to the clinical component of the BSN program.
- Students on probationary status are not permitted to enroll in nursing courses with a clinical component.
- Completion of the HESI (Health Education System, Inc.) Nursing Admissions Assessment Test (A2) with a minimum score of 75%.
Students seeking transfer into the Nicholls State University BSN program from another nursing program must meet minimum admission and progression requirements for the BSN program. Furthermore, transfer students must have a letter submitted from the nursing program from which they are transferring stating they are in good standing and eligible to re-enter that program.
Students on probationary status are not permitted to enroll in any nursing course with a clinical component. Students must also have approval to enroll in a clinical nursing course from the Louisiana State Board of Nursing.
The curriculum and admission criteria for the BSN program are subject to change as deemed necessary by the faculty and administration to ensure an effective program of study. PLEASE schedule an appointment with an adviser of the program PRIOR to registration!
Meeting the minimum requirements for admission does not guarantee admission to the BSN program.