- Department of Psychology and Counselor Education
- Course and Degree requirements for this degree can be found on the latest Bulletin.
- Phone: 1-855-NIC-ONLINE (for application, registration, and scheduling)
- · Students under 30 credit hours, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: (855) 642-6654 or 985-448-4317
· Students with last names A-I, e-mail: email@example.com
· Students with last names J-R, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Students with last names S-Z, e-mail: email@example.com
The Nicholls State University Bachelor of Science program in General Family and Consumer Sciences with a Concentration in Child, Family and Social Services (GFCS) provides a comprehensive foundation that incorporates current information in the field to service children, families, and individuals throughout the lifespan; as well as the necessary coursework for those who pursue advanced degrees in psychology and other counseling fields.
The program offers over 75 hours of service learning in various courses to enhance ethical standards, interpersonal skills, and communication with individuals in need of resources and professionals in the mental health field. Additionally, senior level students entering their last semester will complete a 480 hour internship with an agency in the field of social services or related industry. This experience affords the student with a wealth of knowledge and opportunities to experience the real life nature of the professional world.