- Department of Business Administration and Computer Information Systems
- Phone: (985) 448-4245 or firstname.lastname@example.org for advising, registration, and scheduling; 1-855-NIC-ONLINE for other information and assistance.
The Post Baccalaureate Certificate in Applied Business is an online certification program designed for individuals who have earned a baccalaureate degree and are seeking functional competencies in business administration. The program focuses on those individuals who are working in an organization or in their own business who are in need of a general understanding of the core business disciplines of accounting, economics, business law, marketing and management and should not be considered as equivalent to a comprehensive business degree program offered by Nicholls State University College of Business. It provides an option for adult learners who are interested in furthering their education without pursuing a four year degree.
1. Baccalaureate Degree.
2. University Admission.
3. Successful completion of each required course listed below with a grade of C or better.
4. Completion of the following 18 credits of business courses:*
- a. ACCT 205, Introduction to Financial Accounting (3 credits)
- b. ECON 211, Principles of Microeconomics (3 credits)
- c. ACCT 206, Introduction to Managerial Accounting (3 credits)
- d. MNGT 301, Management of Organizations & Behavioral Processes (3 credits)
- e. BSAD 221, Legal Environment of Business (3 credits)
- f. MKGT 300, Marketing (3 credits)
*Students must meet the prerequisite requirements to enroll in the Post Baccalaureate Certificate courses. A minimum of 12 credits must be completed through Nicholls Online to obtain the Certificate. A request to transfer up to 6 credit hours can be made for equivalent coursework completed outside of Nicholls Online with approval of Department Head.
| Advisor Information
Name: Jennifer White
Title: BABX Advisor
Office Location: 206 White Hall