Beyond the obvious health benefits, the collegiate bikesharing program offers:
- Increased mobility for students who have no transportation at all
- Reduced traffic congestion on campus
- Reduced fuel use
- Greater environmental awareness
- Increased realization that bicycling is a viable transportation mode
- Improved transportation habits which remain with students post-graduation.
We currently offer 9 bicycles, 2 tandem bicycles and 1 adult trike.
Recreation center members will be able to “check-out” a bicycle in the same manner that they currently “check-out” recreational items utilizing their Colonel Card.
Once at the equipment desk:
- You will be required to sign a waiver
- You will be issued a helmet
- You will be issued a key that will correlate to the available bike