Classes Begin Monday, December 18, 2017
Final Exams: Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Students should contact their academic advisor to arrange a convenient time for advisement and registration. Students will follow the registration schedule listed below. First-time freshmen and transfer freshmen should contact the Advising Center at 985.448.4117 for registration assistance.
2017 Winter Session Registration Schedule
|November 6||Graduate Students and other groups|
|November 10 – December 18||Registration – open to all classifications|
|December 19||Late Registration – Drop/Add, Registrar’s Office only.
The University will close for the Christmas Holidays December 21, 2017 through January 3, 2018.
STUDENTS WILL BE INDEBTED TO THE UNIVERSITY IMMEDIATELY UPON REGISTRATION UNLESS STUDENTS “UNREGISTER” PRIOR TO 4:15 P.M. ON THE LAST BUSINESS DAY BEFORE CLASSES BEGIN, FRIDAY, DECEMBER 15, 2017. To release him/herself from this indebtedness, a student must “unregister“ prior to the close of Regular Registration for the term. Regular Registration ends 15 minutes prior to the close of business on the last business day before classes begin. Refunds for credit adjustments after this time and date can be located at Tuition and Fees for Winter Session.
Please refer to the “Statement of Financial Obligation” page for information regarding the financial responsibility of students upon registration.
Important Dates to Remember
- Regular Registration Begins: Banner Self Service and Academic Departments, by classification (see Registration Schedule above).
- Winter Session Classes Begin.
- Late Registration begins; registration available via Banner Self Service and Academic Departments.
- Students can drop all classes during the first day of the term through Banner Self Service. This will result in a credit adjustment of all tuition/fees for the current term.
- Late Registration ends and web registration closes at 4:15 p.m.; Banner Self Service and Academic Departments.
- All registration activity after 4:15 p.m. will occur in the Registrar’s Office; late registrations, administrative delete/adds, etc.
- Students must pay tuition and fees by 4:15 p.m. to avoid the Class Cancellation process.
- The University will close at 4:30 p.m. for the Christmas holidays. Winter Session classes will continue online through the holidays.
- University offices will re-open for business.
Refer to the Academic Calendar for other important dates.
|The University reserves the right to change courses, programs, fees, and the academic calendar, or to make other changes deemed necessary or desirable, giving advance notice of change when possible.|