NICHOLLS STATE UNIVERSITY
DRIVER SAFETY PROGRAM INSTRUCTIONS
- The supervisor must determine whether an employee will be required to operate a vehicle for state business. If it is determined that authorization is required, the employee must fill out a state driver authorization form DA 2054 https://www.nicholls.edu/safety/files/2006/07/Authorization-and-Driving-History-Form-DA-2054.pdf
- Prior to travel:
- The employee is responsible prior to completing a travel request to view the driver authorization list for driver approval.
- If your name is on the list, you are a current authorized driver and you may proceed with your travel request. If you are not on the list, please contact the Safety Department at ext. 4783 to begin the authorization process.
- The supervisor signing the travel authorization request is also responsible to check the list to assure compliance with the driver program.
To view the authorized driver list, please follow the following steps.
- Open your Google mail account
- Click on the Drive Tab (located top menu bar)
- Click on the Authorized Drivers Tab
- The employee must familiarize themselves with the Driver Safety Program at www.nicholls.edu/safety/driver-authorization/ and possess a current valid motor vehicle operator’s license and current automobile insurance at all times in the program.
- Special attention must be given to the Supervisor and Employee responsibility. Based on the Office of Risk Management, the following driver responsibilities are mandated. It is the responsibility of all authorized drivers to report any revocation of their driver license or any moving violation (personal or state business) to their supervisors who in turn will report it to the Nicholls Safety Department. Any authorized driver receiving a conviction for a single moving violation will be required to retake the Defensive Driving On-line course within 90 days. All information reported to Supervisors and to the Safety Department must be kept in a confidential manner.