Nicholls Athletic Events and Pre-Game Activities
- Pre-Game activities (including tailgate activities) will be limited to the designated areas.
- Consumption of alcohol at any such activity will be limited to persons of legal age (21+). All consumption will be limited to the designated activity area. Kegs and other common containers are prohibited. All glass containers (bottles, cups, pitchers, etc.) Are prohibited. Walking around with beer cans or hard liquor bottles are prohibited. Whatever is consumed must be poured into a paper or plastic cup. Drinking games, funneling or any other activity judged by university staff as inappropriate is prohibited.
- Groups and individuals will be directed to maintain the grounds area they are using. Adequate garbage cans and garbage bags will be provided. Individuals or groups not maintaining the grounds will be asked to do so. Failure to comply with requests made by staff will result in eviction from the campus grounds for the remainder of the calendar day and appropriate follow-up actions will be taken. If individuals who are not of legal drinking age (21+) are found to be in possession of alcohol, they will be directed to empty the drink/alcohol on the grass area and to place the container and/or cup in the nearest garbage container. Appropriate university discipline action to be taken by the university, and the person will also be issued a summons by University Police or an administrator. Refusal to do so will result in eviction from the campus grounds, and appropriate university discipline action to be taken. If an individual refuses to present identification or refuses to follow the directions of university staff, he/she will be issued an appropriate summons and referred to the Office of Student Life for appropriate follow-up discipline action to be taken by the university.
- Nicholls students must present their (Colonel Card) student identification card to gain admission to the activity and/or sporting event.
- All persons entering the stadium and/or gym are subject to reasonable check for violations of university policies, including the search of person (and property in possession), including the opening of personal belt bags, purses, etc. Anyone found in possession of alcoholic beverages, weapons and other items deemed dangerous or inappropriate by the university will be refused admission to the game. Any person found in possession of said items inside the event will be evicted for the remainder of the calendar day and appropriate follow-up actions will be taken.
- Cups, containers, ice chests, etc. may not be brought into the event. Food and/or beverage of any kind may not be brought into the stadium and/or gym. Once inside, any person found in possession of said items brought in from outside will be evicted and may not re-enter for the remainder of the calendar day in which the event is held.
- Individuals or groups engaging in inappropriate or disruptive behavior will be directed by Student Life staff and/or University Police to cease and desist from doing so. Any individuals or groups engaging in repeated inappropriate or disruptive behavior will be evicted from the campus grounds. Appropriate follow-up action will be taken.