Nicholls State University Tailgating Responsibility Statement
Nicholls State University is committed to maintaining a safe, healthful environment that supports its educational mission.
Tailgating is your opportunity to socialize and network with friends, colleagues and other members of the university community. Everyone is encouraged to tailgate and enjoy themselves. However, to ensure that tailgating takes place in a climate that is friendly and welcoming to all, you are reminded that the following guidelines must be adhered to:
- Nicholls State University is a Tobacco Free Campus. The use of any tobacco product in any form is prohibited. Restricted tobacco products include cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes, pipes, water pipes, all smokeless tobacco (chew, snuff, etc.), and all non FDA approved nicotine products. This policy applies to all University students, faculty, staff, contractors, and visitors (the general public).
- Pets are only allowed if they are used to support a person with a disabling condition.
- Glass containers (including bottles) are not allowed.
- Alcoholic beverages cannot be consumed by any under the age of 21. Authorized personnel and/or law enforcement officers can require proof of age at any time, including during consumption.
- Drinking games are not allowed.
- Food or beverage sales are not allowed.
- Music cannot contain language or speech that can be construed as vulgar, profane or hateful.