Should the student defendant wish to appeal the decision of the Director of Conduct, a letter must be written to the Chairperson of the Discipline Committee within ten (10) days of the decision. The validity of the appeal will be determined by the Chairperson of the Discipline Committee. If the appeal is valid it will be considered by the Discipline Committee. The appeal letter must indicate the basis from one of the following:
- Published procedures were not followed.
- There was insufficient evidence to support the charge.
- Sanction(s) imposed were inappropriate.
- Subsequent to the hearing, information was discovered which indicates that member(s) of the committee were not impartial (Discipline Hearing).
- No new evidence may be presented.
Retaliatory action by any party involved is subject to disciplinary action.
Refer to Disposition of Violations for Discipline Hearing process.