Individuals interested in becoming certified through the Teacher Certification-Only Program must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Must have a 2.5 undergraduate grade point average on the last 60 semester hours taken.
- Must have successfully completed Praxis I (Pre-Professional Skills Test) unless candidates:
- scored a 22 or higher on the ACT OR
- scored a SAT combined verbal and mathematics score of 1030 OR
- possess a master’s degree or higher.
- Must have successfully completed Praxis II (Content Knowledge) for the respective certification area.
- The Internship is assessed a $100 fee that is required to cover expenses incurred
as part of an individual clinical (internship). This $100 fee will be
added to each candidates tuition invoice for each of the two internship semesters.
Visit the Louisiana State Department of Education Web site to view the current list of Louisiana Praxis/NTE tests and score requirements.