In order to enroll in EDUC 250, EDUC 251, PSYC 206, PSYC 210 and PSYC 220, candidates must have:
- Achieved a composite score of 22 on the ACT OR passed Praxis I (Core Academic Skills) with the following minimum scores:
- Reading (#5712): 156
- Writing (#5722): 162
- Mathematics (#5732): 150
- Earned a minimum grade of “C” in all courses required for the Bachelor’s degree and/or teacher certification.
- Earned a minimum of 30 semester hours applicable to a degree. (NOTE: Candidates who have maintained a 2.5 overall grade point average and meet the above course requirements may enroll in EDUC 250 with less than 30 semester hours)
- Successfully completed the following courses with a C or better:
- MATH 101
- ENGL 101 AND 102
- a social science or history
- Earned a minimum overall grade point average of 2.5 internal GPA.
- Completed a self-evaluation on Content Knowledge, Skills, and Disposition in EDUC 251.
- Completed an Application for Entry to Teacher Education.
- Submitted a Background Check in EDUC 250.
Students who took Praxis I prior to 9/1/2014 (Pre-Professional Skills Test) – see here for score requirements.