Fletcher-to-Nicholls A.G.S. Advising Handbook
The document below contains advising guides designed to assist students in selecting courses that apply to Fletcher’s A.G.S. degree and transfer into baccalaureate programs at Nicholls. Students and advisors should read the introductory information before using the guides. Students should review particular baccalaureate degree requirements in the Nicholls State University catalog.
The link below is a list of Fletcher courses and the equivalent Nicholls courses. The list of equivalent courses is also available in Appendix C of the 2015-16 Fletcher A.G.S. Advising Guide.
Louisiana Transfer Course Guide
The link below provides some course equivalencies for all Louisiana four-year and two-year public institutions.
Other Advising Resourses:
The Louisiana Transfer Associate Degree
The goal of the Lousiana Transfer Degree is to maximize the transfer of academic credits from two-year technical or community colleges to four-year institutions. The transfer associate degree gives two-year college students the opportunity to complete 60 hours of course work toward a baccalaureate degree before transferring to a public Louisiana university. Students may complete either an Associate of Arts/Louisiana Transfer (AA/LT) degree or an Associate of Science/Louisiana Transfer (AS/LT) degree depending on the baccalaureate program being pursued. For more information on the LT degree please visit the Transfer Degree Guarantee website.
- For questions regarding degree programs and transfer credits contact David Zerangue at 985-448-4117 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions regarding admissions contact Robin Andrews at 985-448-4147 or email@example.com.
Transferring to Nicholls with the AA/LT or AS/LT Degree
Students who plan on transferring to Nicholls with the AA/LT or AS/LT degree should use the following program guides to assist in selecting community college courses. Students should also seek the assistance of their two-year institution advisors in the selection of courses or contact the Transfer Student Resource Center at Nicholls. To use the program guides follow these steps:
1) Print a copy of the guide for the four-year program you plan on pursuing. Each guide contains a list of Nicholls courses.
2) Use the Louisiana Master Course Articulation Matrix to match Nicholls courses with courses at the community college you are attending or plan on attending. When given the option to “Select GE equivalent course(s),” you should choose a course or courses equivalent to those on the Nicholls General Education Courses list.
3) Write the course equivalents on the guide and use the guide to schedule your classes at the community college.
2015-16 Advising Guides
|Completion of the Associate of Arts/Science Louisiana Transfer (AALT/ASLT) Degree guarantees that the student has met, in full, all lower division general education requirements at the receiving Louisiana public university. Graduates transferring with the transfer degree will have Junior status. Courses or GPA requirements for specific majors, departments, or schools are not automatically satisfied by the AALT/ASLT degree.|
|AA/LT Degree To BA Degree||AS/LT Degree To BS Degree|
|AA/LT Degree To IDST Degree||AS/LT Degree To BSN Degree|