How Do I Become a Nicholls Student?

pdf version

If you plan to transfer to Nicholls for the coming semester, you should take the following steps.

Apply for admission. The first step in the process is to complete an application for admission and pay the application fee. Apply now!
Submit official transcripts. Nicholls must have official copies of transcripts from each college or university previously attended. This should be done as quickly as possible. Participating schools may submit transcripts electronically through eSCRIP-SAFE®. Mailed transcripts should be sent to:

  Nicholls State University
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 2004
Thibodaux, LA 70310

Some colleges and universities will fax official copies of transcripts directly to our admissions office. The admissions office fax number is 985-448-4929.

International Transcript Requirements
Students who have attended an institution of higher education outside of the United States must send to Nicholls an original official transcript from the institution, a notarized English translation of the transcript, and a copy of any diploma/certificate earned.  To receive credit for international courses, students are also required to send a course-by-course evaluation of all courses taken.  Click here for a list of credential evaluation services.In addition, an English translation of all course descriptions from the school’s catalog of courses listed on the student’s transcript of record should also be sent to Nicholls by the student or school.  All transferable international course work will be assigned a grade of either “Satisfactory” or “Unsatisfactory.”  A cumulative grade point average is still calculated from the original transcript for admission purposes.

Apply for financial aid. If you are interested in financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at If you need more information visit our financial aid website.
Submit immunization records. All students must complete and submit the Proof of Imunization Compliance Form before the semester begins. For more information please visit the University Health Services website.
Review your academic program. Familiarize yourself with degree requirements. The university catalog contains program information and course descriptions.
Review schedule of classes and registration information. The class schedule can be found on Banner.
Schedule an advising session. Once you have received a letter of acceptance call the Transitional Programs office at 985-448-4462 to set up an appointment with an advisor.
Sign up for the Transfer Orientation Program. If you are transferring with 30 or more credit hours and you have received a letter of acceptance, sign up for the Transfer Orientation Program. If you have fewer than 30 credit hours you must attend Freshmen Orientation.

If you have questions regarding transfer credits, please contact Mary Delaune at 985-448-4462 or

If you have questions regarding the admissions process or if you would like to tour our campus, please contact Robin Andrews at 985-448-4147 or