Graphing Calculator Assistance
- Using the TI-83/84 Graphing Calculator: Topics designed for those students enrolled in algebra, trigonometry, and freshman calculus.
- TI-82/TI-83/TI83+: General use instructions in addition to specific commands.
Definitions, Terminology, and Study Skills
- The MacTutor History of Mathematics Archive includes biographies of mathematicians and math history topics.
- Wolfram MathWorld includes math definitions/terminology and proofs of various topics.
- College Algebra(Math100/101) and Trigonometry (Math 102) Videos includes live video of professors teaching college algebra and trigonometry topics.
- Kutasoftware.com includes free math worksheets.
- Math Study Skills (PowerPoint) includes helpful tips for students struggling in math.
- Logic and Truth Tables , includes information on logic with examples.
Homework and Test Taking
- S.O.S. Mathematics provides assistance for various math topics.
- Ask Dr. Math provides assistance by allowing students to submit questions.
- http://www.khanacademy.org/ provides assistance in various subjects, including math, science, computer science, finance and economics, and humanities.
- www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse, allows the user to search for various video tutorials in many disciplines.
- Chemistry and physics – https://www.youtube.com/user/crashcourse, includes a crash course on various subject matter in many disciplines.
- Chemistry – http://www.hyper-ad.com/tutoring/chemistry,
includes a variety of tutoring tools and subcategories of science.
- Biology –
http://www.cellsalive.com/, includes information on cell biology, microbiology, immunology, and microscopy.
includes games that teach the part of the cell (animal, plant, and bacterial).
includes information on body systems with diagrams and descriptions of all systems.
General Writing Concerns
- OWL at Purdue— Addresses planning/starting to write, effective writing, revising/editing/proofreading and types/genres of writing.
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison — Comprehensive site, very much like Purdue’s.
Writing Process, Grammar and Punctuation
- OWL at Purdue — This is just about the best writing-related link. This link addresses punctuation, capitals, spelling, sentence construction and parts of speech.
- OWL at Purdue — An information site that clearly explains what academic plagiarism involves. It also includes information on MLA, APA and disciple-specific formats. Also included is information on outlining, paraphrasing, plagiarism, quoting and summarizing.
- OWL at Purdue — A guide to MLA, APA, and Chicago style manuals.
- OWL at Purdue — “Research Papers” gives links to related sites for documenting information obtained via an electronic medium. This also gives instruction on how to conduct research and how to evaluate and then integrate sources.
- Modern Language Association– MLA news and membership information.
- Citation Machine – allows users to create citations in MLA and APA.
- Ellender Library — Ellender is the main library on the Nicholls campus. This link takes you to the page used for library research.
- Library of Congress — Rich site for any research endeavor. The sheer volume of information makes this a great site to visit regularly.
- OWL at Purdue— Offers information on resume writing, memo writing and other professional writing concerns.
ESL Student Concerns
- OWL at Purdue— Contains information on grammar, idioms, vocabulary and academic conventions and offers discussion list information.
- OWL at Purdue— Includes a link to resources for class assignments, pedagogical theory and writings on the use of WAC, WID and Writing to Learn in particular disciples. Also included are links to other university WAC sites.
- Learning tools – http://students.lsu.edu/academicsuccess, includes topics such as discovering strengths, managing time, acing tests, and reducing stress.
- How to study – http://www.howtostudy.org/, includes study tips for all disciplines.
- Metacognition Presentation – Metacognition Presentation, includes topics to assist students in study habits, managing time, organizing notes, etc.
STANDARDIZED TEST PREPARATION:
- PRAXIS: http://www.ets.org/praxis
- ACT: http://www.actstudent.org/testprep
- ACT and other various discipline test prep: http://www.testprepreview.co
If you need additional help with finding or using resources, please visit the Tutoring Center in Peltier 143. Feel free to e-mail suggestions for additions to this page to email@example.com.