Tuesday, May 10th, 2005
Attendees: Mickey Diez, Lisa Duet, Cindy Andrews, Michele Caruso, Brandie Toups, and Lydia Boudreaux.
Absent: Stephanie Caballero, Bruno Ruggerio, Charles Ordoyne, and Ronnie Boudreaux (ex-officio)
* Mickey Diez motioned to accept the minutes of the April meeting with minor changes. Michele Caruso seconded that motion.
* A letter was sent to the President with the rough data. A second letter will go to the President and Vice President with categorized results. The letter will suggest presenting the information to cabinet and request a response from the President.
* The committee will take two weeks to digest the information and come back with a plan of action.
* On another note, the recent salary increases need to be addressed as some staff have expressed that the increases were not explained. In the future this Committee can facilitate communication procedures to make sure information is disseminated about salary increases and the procedures affecting the increases.
* Comments and suggestions for improvements to the remainder of the book need to be sent to Michele Caruso by May 17.
* It was noted that all information on the web needs to be posted as a web document not a PDF.
* If any USAC member receives an email from an Unclassified Staff please forward it to all USAC members. At that time the Chair (if the Chair is out, then the Recording Secretary) will respond to the mailer thanking him/her for input/question etc. and stating that we will address the issues at the next meeting and respond asap. If it is an issue that requires attention before our next scheduled meeting, we will call an emergency meeting. It was noted that all should practice professional courtesy.
* Each committee member should review information about campus improvements on the M drive. Suggestions and comments should be funneled through each department. Also suggestions will be addressed through the recent survey. The members were thanked for their efforts.
* The dates of the next meetings are May 31, June 14, and June 28. The May 31 meeting will be an open meeting. All members should be prepared to discuss handbook revisions for chapters 3-6 (the remainder of the book).
* Lisa Duet motioned to adjourn the meeting. Cindy Andrews seconded the motion.