Mission: The Donald G. Bollinger Memorial Student Union is the community center for Nicholls State University offering activities, programs, services and facilities that complement the academic mission, student development and quality of campus life.
Vision: The Student Union is more than a building. We strive to be a professionally recognized system of people, services, programs, and facilities dedicated to achieving and maintaining excellence in: promoting unity, loyalty and regard for the campus community; enhancing the quality of life on campus; fostering learning and personal development through out-of-class experiences; and providing necessary and convenient goods and services.
- Students will be attracted to Nicholls State University as their school of choice.
- Students will have a variety of out-of-classroom services and products that are desirable and fit their lifestyle needs.
- Students will stay at Nicholls and accomplish their academic endeavors.
- Students will be afforded outstanding services by the Auxiliary Services departments.
- Students will recognize Nicholls State University and the Auxiliary Services departments with great student satisfaction ratings on the ACT Student Satisfaction surveys.
Types of Assessment
- Student Union Satisfaction Survey (as a part of the Auxiliary Services collaborative effort each Fall in partnership with Institutional Research)
- Noel-Levitz SSI results (formerly used the ACT SOS results) – biennial usually.
- Marketing 485 consultation report (in partnership with the College of Business academic class usually every other year)
- Flash Surveying (conducted several times a semester with use of iPad and Google Forms)
- Customer Satisfaction Survey (conducted in follow-up to Student Union events/sent by e-mail).
- Annual goals and assessment process as reflected above.
- Focus groups as needed.