University College Academic Services is responsible for:
- enhancing the first-year experiences of students, and
- unifying the university’s efforts to keep
students on the path to graduation.
Departments and Programs
- Academic Services includes the Academic Advising Center, the Tutorial and Academic Enhancement Center, the Student Engagement Center, the Academic Testing Center, the Transfer Student Resource Center, and the University Honors Program.
- The Academic Advising Center provides academic advising and support Nicholls students from the time they are admitted until they are accepted into their college. The University Studies course offered by the Advising Center helps students adjust to the individual, interpersonal, and academic challenges presented by collegiate life.
- The Tutorial and Academic Enhancement Center provides students with peer tutoring and consulting.
- The Student Engagement Center coordinates and manages several different campus-wide initiatives such as the Dual Enrollment/Early Start Program.
- The Academic Testing Center administers a variety of tests, including ACT, ACCUPLACER, and Correspondence and Web-based Exams to both Nicholls and Non-Nicholls students.
- The University Honors Program provides special experiences and curriculum enhancements to high-achieving and highly motivated students.
- The Transfer Student Resource Center assists students with the transfer process including both official and unofficial evaluations of transcripts.