Reparations are for those individuals who have been a victim of violence. The violent act must have included a use of force resulting in personal injury, death or catastrophic property loss and a loss that is not reimbursable from any other source. Visit the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office Web site for more information.
The victim has the right to:
- Be heard.
- Be informed of release or escape of stalker.
- Seek restitution.
- Be informed of financial assistance, fees or other social services.
- Receive medical, emergency or social services.
- A private setting for all meetings.
- Confer with prosecution.
- Refuse to be interviewed by accused or accuser’s attorneys.
- Reasonable prompt conclusion of the case.
- Review and comment on pre-sentence report prior to sentencing.
- Return of stolen personal property after being used as evidence.