As elected representatives, Faculty Senators are responsible for initiating, reviewing, and recommending policies affecting all segments of the University.
Additionally, your Senator is responsible for being diligent and informed concerning all issues that may be acted upon, and shall be available not only to you, their constituent, but also to all members of the University community. Finally, Senators are empowered by majority vote of the Senate to affirm, amend, remand, or reverse any recommendations made by committees reporting to or through the Senate.
I ask that each faculty member be engaged with the faculty governance on the campus through your respective Faculty Senator.
The Faculty Senate meetings are open to the public and faculty are encouraged to attend. The meetings are generally scheduled for the second Wednesday of the month at 3:00 pm in the Multi-Purpose Room of Ellender Memorial Library.
2014-2105 Schedule of Senate Meetings
Place: Ellender Memorial Library
Multipurpose Room (3rd Floor)
Time: 3:00 p.m.
- Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes June 25
- Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes August 20
- Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes September 3
- Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes Oct11
- Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes Nov13
- Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes December 3
- Wednesday, January 28, 2015
- Wednesday, March 4, 2015
- Wednesday, April 1, 2015
- Wednesday, May 6, 2015 – Tentative
2013-2014 Faculty Senate Meeting Minutes