Harold J. Callais Memorial Recreation Center
INTERESTED IN CLUB SPORTS?
The Office of Campus Recreation is excited to further meet the needs of the campus community with the addition of the Harold J. Callais Memorial Recreation Center! The facilities include a 6,000 square-foot strength room, over 48 pieces of state of the art cardio equipment, two multi-purpose courts, an indoor walking track, racquetball court, two group exercise studios and a wellness classroom.
Campus Recreation strives to enhance the development and maintenance of a healthy lifestyle through fitness and wellness, intramural sports and activities.
WE ARE BACK TO NORMAL HOURS!
- ALL students and members (whether you are fully vaccinated or not) are required to wear a facemask at all times.
- Towels are required to workout. Students and members must provide their own towel and carry it with them at all times.
- Guest passes are currently not being sold.
Pick the membership plan thats fits you!
Group Exercise classes are included in your membership to the Recreation Center. Check out our classes!
SMALL GROUP TRAINING
STRENGTH & FORM
Contact us today to tour our facilities!
Michael Childs Gymnasium
… and much more!
Intramural sports are “non-varsity” competitions between students. They are fun, friendly, but challenging competitions which require no outstanding athletic skills. They are designed and offered to “everyday athletes.” Only a positive attitude is required to play.
Learn more about:
The Club Sports program exists to provide the Nicholls community with a variety of opportunities for personal growth and development. The program offers the opportunity to compete in extramural competition against other clubs, schools, colleges, and universities. Nicholls students must comprise the majority of membership for each club and serve as club officers.
For more information about how to create a club, visit the Student Organization page.
ABOUT Office of Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation offers exercise, fitness and recreational sports opportunities for the Nicholls State University community. While fostering a motivational atmosphere of fun and excitement, the department strives to enhance the physical development of the campus community through such programs as competitive intramural sports activities and league play, fitness and wellness and group exercise.
Through partnerships, Campus Recreation is committed to complementing the mission of Nicholls State University through contributions to the holistic wellness of the campus community. – Reviewed 7/2/13
- To provide information, services and support for student development and fitness.
- To collaborate with other departments to provide wellness services for student academic success.
- To encourage student participation in activities which promote healthy lifestyles.
- To develop and promote leadership opportunities for students.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Participants will be able to explain and develop interactive team building skills.
- Student employees will demonstrate excellent customer service behaviors.
The Office of Campus Recreation conducts the following assessment activities throughout the year:
|January:||Personal Intramural Team Captain Sessions|
|April:||Implement Intramural Assessment Instrument|
|May:||Student Employee Assessment Instrument|
|September:||Personal Intramural Team Captain Sessions|
|November:||Implement Intramural Assessment Instrument|
Kat Harrell Slosarek-Director
Zach Ellender-Intramural Coordinator
Rachel Dufrene-Administrative Coordinator