Harold J. Callais Memorial Recreation Center
For the health and safety of everyone and in accordance with the statewide face covering order Proclamation 89 JBE 2020 and until further notice, MASKS are REQUIRED to be worn AT ALL TIMES when using the Rec Center. This includes when you are actively working out as well as moving around the facility. Thank you for continuing to help keep everyone safe.
We will continue to communicate updates as we receive them. If you have any questions, please call us.
We look forward to seeing you at the Rec Center.
The Office of Campus Recreation is excited to further meet the needs of the campus community with the addition of the Harold J. Callais Memorial Recreation Center! The facilities include a 6,000 square-foot strength room, over 48 pieces of state of the art cardio equipment, two multi-purpose courts, an indoor walking track, racquetball court, two group exercise studios and a wellness classroom.
Campus Recreation strives to enhance the development and maintenance of a healthy lifestyle through fitness and wellness, intramural sports and activities.
The rec center will be closed
Friday, April 2 – Monday, April 5.
Hours for April 6 – April 9
Tuesday – Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
We will return to normal hours on
Saturday, April 10
- No open rec basketball will be played until further notice
- The basketball courts are being used for expanded workout areas, group fitness and rec center events.
- Towels are required to workout. Students and members must provide their own towel and carry it with them at all times.
- Groups are not allowed to cluster and/or workout together in the weight room in order to allow for 6ft distancing.
Pick the membership plan thats fits you!
Group Exercise classes are included in your membership to the Recreation Center. Check out our classes!
SMALL GROUP TRAINING
STRENGTH & FORM
Contact us today to tour our facilities!
Michael Childs Gymnasium
… and much more!
Intramural sports are “non-varsity” competitions between students. They are fun, friendly, but challenging competitions which require no outstanding athletic skills. They are designed and offered to “everyday athletes.” Only a positive attitude is required to play.
Learn more about:
The Club Sports program exists to provide the Nicholls community with a variety of opportunities for personal growth and development. The program offers the opportunity to compete in extramural competition against other clubs, schools, colleges, and universities. Nicholls students must comprise the majority of membership for each club and serve as club officers.
For more information about how to create a club, visit the Student Organization page.
ABOUT Office of Campus Recreation
The Department of Campus Recreation offers exercise, fitness and recreational sports opportunities for the Nicholls State University community. While fostering a motivational atmosphere of fun and excitement, the department strives to enhance the physical development of the campus community through such programs as competitive intramural sports activities and league play, fitness and wellness and group exercise.
Through partnerships, Campus Recreation is committed to complementing the mission of Nicholls State University through contributions to the holistic wellness of the campus community. – Reviewed 7/2/13
- To provide information, services and support for student development and fitness.
- To collaborate with other departments to provide wellness services for student academic success.
- To encourage student participation in activities which promote healthy lifestyles.
- To develop and promote leadership opportunities for students.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Participants will be able to explain and develop interactive team building skills.
- Student employees will demonstrate excellent customer service behaviors.
The Office of Campus Recreation conducts the following assessment activities throughout the year:
|January:||Personal Intramural Team Captain Sessions|
|April:||Implement Intramural Assessment Instrument|
|May:||Student Employee Assessment Instrument|
|September:||Personal Intramural Team Captain Sessions|
|November:||Implement Intramural Assessment Instrument|
Kat Harrell Slosarek-Interim Director
Brittany Brandt-Fitness and Wellness Coordinator
Zach Ellender-Intramural Coordinator
Rachel Dufrene-Administrative Coordinator