Inquiries relating to accreditation of academic programs can be mailed to Academic Affairs at Nicholls State University, P.O. Box 2002, Thibodaux, LA 70310 or may be directed to (985) 448-4011 via telephone.
- Nicholls State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate, baccalaureate, master and specialist degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia, 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Nicholls State University.
Academic, College, Departmental, and Program
- The College of Business Administration’s baccalaureate and master’s degrees are accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- The Accounting Program in the College of Business Administration’s is separately accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
- The College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- The specialist degree program in School Psychology has the full approval of the National Association of School Psychologists.
- The Family and Consumer Sciences degree program is accredited by the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences Council for Accreditation.
- The Clinical Mental Health and School Counseling Programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- The Department of Mass Communication is accredited by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications.
- The Division of Art is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, which has fully approved its degree program in Art.
- The Dietetics program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics.
- The Athletic Training program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Athletic Training Education
- The degree program in Chemistry is approved by the American Chemical Society Committee on Professional Training.
- Degree programs in Music are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music.
- In the Department of Nursing, The Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing Programs are approved by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing and is nationally accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- The College of Nursing and Allied Health is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
- The Petroleum Services program is accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering.
- The Geomatics program is accredited by the American Board for Engineering and Technology.
- The Tutorial and Academic Enhancement Center is certified by the College Reading and Learning Association.