3 Main Reasons To Live On Campus:
Living on campus connects you to the Nicholls community better than any other living option. With many attractions and events on campus like athletic games, crawfish day, and homecoming, living on campus keeps you close to the action. You’ll also have the opportunity to live down the hall from diverse groups of people and people in the same major as you. Student’s on-campus often feel more connected than students who don’t and typically make better grades.
Because you’ll be so close to the classrooms, walking to class is easy and convenient compared to those who have to fight for a parking spot or drive long distances. Our residence halls are also very near to the other important aspects of a student’s life: the cafeteria, the library, the student union, and the campus recreation center. We also make paying for your living option more convenient and you can kiss those monthly payments goodbye.
Our campus was rated as one of the safest in Louisiana, thanks to our Nicholls State Police department. With experienced officers, top-notch security systems (Colonel Card, cameras, and individual keys), and a desk staff that works most of the day and night, you can feel safe and secure living in our residence halls.
- All freshman full-time undergraduate students at Nicholls State University are required to live on campus unless they meet certain exemption requirements.
- A Housing & Food Service Contract is for one full academic year (Fall & Spring), not just one semester.
- To register for housing or to request an exemption please visit the Housing Portal and click on “application”, the first question will ask if you want to apply for housing or complete an exemption request.
- Make your selection and follow the prompts from there.
- Applications to live on a campus require a $250 deposit (a $50 non-refundable application fee and $200 security deposit).
- Preference of residence hall will go in the order in which deposits were paid.
To be the preferred housing choice for Nicholls State University students where all residents have a positive living-learning experience.
The Office of Residential Living at Nicholls State University supports student success by providing dynamic residential communities and co-curricular experiences which are safe, secure, and advance the educational mission of Nicholls State University.
Are you a current resident and have a maintenance issue to report?
Please click this link and submit an Online Maintenance Request/Work Order.