Forms and Applications

In order to login to the Housing Portal, you must log in with your MyNichollsID and select the “Housing Portal” icon. If you are a first-time user of the MyNichollsID, please review this Instructional Document. From there, you will be able to complete the application once it is available for the term that you are interested in.

Be sure to select the correct term for which you are applying. Also, please remember that you must pay your $250 deposit to complete the application.

Please log in to the Housing Portal and click on “application,” the first question will ask if you want to apply for housing or do an exemption. Select exemption from the drop-down menu and follow the prompt from there.

Housing Requirements and Exemption Criteria | All students under the age of 20 are expected to live on-campus housing unless they meet one or more of the following:

  • Student living in a family member’s house in commuting distance
    • Commuting distance is defined as less than 1 hour or within the following parishes: Lafourche, Terrebonne, St. Mary, Assumption, Ascension, St. Charles, St. James
  • Student who is a parent or primary caregiver of a family member
  • Student who is married or who is in a cohabitating living arrangement with significant other
  • Student who has completed four regular semesters
  • Student enrolled in less than 12 hours per semester
  • Student enrolled in full-time solely in Nicholls Online classes
  • Student who has veteran status or is active military
  • A student for whom living on campus contributes to a significant financial burden
  • A student medical, disability, or mental health needs are not conducive to living on campus
  • Student whose religious practices cannot be accommodated through campus housing
  • Student participating in an approved internship/externship outside of commutable distance
  • Other extenuating circumstances falling outside of these criteria will be evaluated on a case by case

Please note that an exemption request must be approved by the Office of Residential Living. If you have any questions about becoming exempt, please contact our office via email at, by telephone (985-448-4479), or in person.

If you would like to apply for a room change, please complete the Room Change Request Form. Room change requests will be accepted until the 10th day of classes.

To change your meal plan, please log into your email and complete a Meal Plan Change Request Form. Meal plan change requests will be accepted until the 10th day of classes

Please note that this application will be available in mid-April of the Spring semester. If you would like to apply to live on-campus for summer, please complete the Summer Housing & Meal Service Contract.

If you would like to apply for a release (between the Fall & Spring) from your housing contract, please complete the Release Form for Spring 2022. Please be aware that submitting this request does not guarantee a release from your housing and meals contract.

If you would like to apply for early arrival please complete the Early Arrival Request.

If you would like to apply for late departure please complete the Graduate/Late Departure Form.

If you are interested in working for the Office of Residential Living over the summer, please fill out the Summer Job Application Link.

The Residence Hall Association (RHA) is a student-led leadership organization that represents all students on campus who live in the residence halls. RHA is the voice of all on-campus residents. RHA seeks out to develop both the leaders within the halls and help make on-campus living more of a community through programming and advocating for on-campus students’ needs. RHA focuses on the students’ wants and needs within their living community.  RHA sponsors programs for the entire campus; we bring together individuals and serve as a governing body for the on-campus population.  Please fill out this form to join us RHA Application.

If you are not seeing the form you need, please contact our office!

The Office of Residential Living

— Have a great day!


Office of Residential Living

Office Location:
Office of Residential Living | Brady Complex Clubhouse
Mailing Address:
PO Box 2061
Thibodaux, La 70310
Phone: 985-448-4479
Fax: 985-493-3310
Weekdays | 8:00am – 10:00pm —- Weekends | 10:00am – 10:00pm