Dr. Sue Westbrook
Vice President for Academic Affairs
The Office of Academic Affairs directly supports the vision of the University, to be the intellectual, economic, and cultural heart of the Bayou Region. Our mission is to deliver accredited degree programs and comprehensive learning experiences to prepare students for regional and global professions within a spirited campus environment immersed in Bayou Region culture. The immediate goals of Academic Affairs are student opportunity and success, innovation, internationalization, and serving the needs of the region. Ongoing initiatives include growing a financially viable university, providing a quality workforce and citizens for the Bayou Region, and maintaining high student/alumni satisfaction with the Nicholls experience. Our efforts surround cultivating a climate for innovative teaching and research, sustaining optimal enrollment, enhancing external relationships, optimizing program offerings, and maintaining regional and specialized accreditations.
Dr. Todd M. Keller
A native of Morgan City, Louisiana, Keller earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing from Nicholls State University and his Master of Science in Nursing from University of Phoenix, New Orleans campus. His Doctorate of Nursing Science was earned from Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center.
Todd Keller quickly learned one thing after enrolling in college — he wasn’t all that interested in money. Not sure what step to take next since finance was his major, Keller joined the military.
While serving in the U.S. Navy, Keller became a hospital corpsman and realized his love for interacting with people and patients. When he returned home, Keller began working on his bachelor’s degree in nursing at Nicholls State University.
Keller joined the Nicholls faculty in 1999 as an assistant professor of nursing and has held many different positions within the College of Nursing & Allied Health and Department of Nursing including Director of Continuing Nursing Education, Assistant to the Department Head, Coordinator of Recruitment, Retention, Admissions, and Progression, and BSN Program Director. Having worked on two accreditation cycles for the BSN program and renewing accreditation of the continuing nursing education program, he also holds the credential of certified nurse educator.
In his spare time, Keller has worked in live theater — acting, directing and performing other technical roles in the staging of a show; a hobby to which he would love to return. He also loves to read. “Reading allows your brain to build the scenery, the characters, the colors of the sky, the smell of the wind,” he says. “It allows you to create along with the author.”
Upon entering his office people are often struck by the presence of many frogs in many different forms. When asked about the obsession with frogs he replies, “It’s about the metamorphosis. An ugly tadpole can become the most beautiful creature; whether it be an Amazonian Rain Forest frog, or a common green tree frog. But you don’t know that unless it is nurtured by its environment and allowed to become what it was meant to be…much like the mind of a student. You have to provide the opportunity and nurturance to develop their potential. After all, you can’t judge how far a frog will jump just by looking at it!”
Keller has resided in Thibodaux since 1990, and considers this the town where he truly grew up. Like so many others, his working career began at McDonalds then traveled through Kroger’s supermarket and Domino’s Pizza. His professional career included emergency nursing at Lakewood Hospital in Morgan City (now Teche Regional Medical Center) and Thibodaux Regional Medical Center in intensive care nursing. Now, his heart belongs to Nicholls State University.
Administrative Office Manager and
Coordinator of Public Records
- Academic Council Salutes Nomination Form (PDF)
- Academic-Dishonesty-Reporting-Form (PDF)
- New Adjunct Faculty Orientation Plan (PDF)
- Academic Renewal Policy & Procedure (PDF)
- Faculty English Proficiency-New Hires (College Summary)
- Faculty English Proficiency-New Hires (Dept. Level) (PDF)
- Course Overload Approval (PDF)
- Course Substitution Form (PDF)
- Faculty Development Plan (PDF)
- Faculty Exception Matrix (PDF)
- Merit Rating Summary Form (SP19) (PDF)
- Honorary Degree Nomination Form (PDF)
- I-Grade Course Completion Plan (PDF)
- Part-of-Term Creation Form (Exceptional Session) (PDF)
- Promotion & Tenure, Summative Initiation Form (Promotion) (PDF)
- Promotion & Tenure, Summative Initiation Form (Tenure) (PDF)
- Request for Late-Retro Drop-Resignation (PDF)
- Request for Use of Academic Facilities (PDF)
- Request for Use of Academic Facilities Addendum (PDF)
- SACSCOCFaculty Credential Requirements (PDF)
- Sabbatical Leave Agreement Form (ULS) (PDF)
- Schedule Change Request
- Syllabi Template Rev July 2021
- GenEd Syllabi Template rev Jul 2020 (PDF)
- Waiver – Course
- Waiver – University-Gen Ed