Family Housing Apartment Complex
The Family Housing complex provides a convenient and comfortable place for students to complete their education while caring for their family. The apartment complex contains 20 apartments in total with 10 one-bedroom and 10 two-bedroom options. If you are interested in living in the Family Housing Complex, please fill out the interest form below.
In order to live in Family Housing, a student must be full-time, (enrolled in a minimum of 12 semester hours for undergraduates or nine for graduates). Summer session enrollment is not required for new or continuing students enrolled for the fall semester. Often, there is a waiting list for these apartments due to the limited amount of apartments available. Priority for assigning these apartments is listed below:
- Students with dependents
- Students with co-habitants who are not eligible for assignment to the residence halls
- Emergency housing for faculty/staff (the term is not to exceed six months)
- Graduate students
Each apartment contains:
- A stove
- A refrigerator
- Free basic cable
- Telephone outlets
- An outdoor storage unit
- Living/dining room
- The Internet is not provided but can be installed if the inhabitant elects to purchase it
- Please note that they do not come furnished. You must provide furniture on your own.
Rates (does not include electricity, cable, WiFi/Internet Services, or telephone service):
- $567 per month for a one-bedroom apartment*
- $628 per month for a two-bedroom apartment*
*Effective July 2020
Square Footage & Layouts:
- 1 Bedroom Apartment | 456 sq. ft.
- 2 Bedroom Apartment | 641 sq. ft.
- The blueprint below shows two types of apartments and the typical layout of each.
- Unit 107 & 108 | 2 Bedroom
- Unit 109 & 110 | 1 Bedroom
A: All residents must purchase a Nicholls parking decal. Illegally parked vehicles are subject to ticketing and/or towing.
A: The U.S. Postal Service delivers mail to the campus daily. Residents may rent a mailbox at the Post Office in the Student Union.
A: Pets are prohibited in the Family Housing Complex.
A: All requests can be called into the Office of Housing at 985.448.4479, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. After hours and on weekends, emergency maintenance problems can be reported to the Resident Assistant for Family Housing at 985-387-5141. Additionally, all non-emergency requests can be submitted through the Maintenance Work Order Form.
A: Water and pest control is included. The resident is responsible for electricity, cable, WiFi/internet services, and telephone service.
A: Residents must discard all garbage in the dumpster located at the far end of the complex.
A: Coin-operated washers and dryers are available in the building next to the Family Housing Apartment Complex.
A: Residents may live in family housing as long as they are full-time students at Nicholls and abide by university policies and regulations.
A: No. Family housing apartments may not be used for business purposes nor can they be subleased.