WELCOME BACK DAY
WELCOME BACK DAY 2021
Wednesday, August 18th
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Welcome Back Day is a tradition at Nicholls State University in the form of one giant block party! All Nicholls students are invited to attend Welcome Back Day where student organizations, academic departments, and local businesses all gather in and around the Quadrangle to celebrate and welcome returning and new Colonels. With tons of activities, free food, and the opportunity to get involved in organizations and departments, Welcome Back Day is an event you surely don’t want to miss.
This year’s theme is Nicholls: A whole New World. Please check the box in the form below to let us know if you would like to participate in the Most Spirited Contest!
EVENT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
- All organization/department members and staff working a table must have the approved health check bracelet for the day which will be orange.
- If you do not have a bracelet, please check in at the WBD Info Table that will be located near the music stage.
- While working your table you must wear a mask at all times.
- A max of two people at a time can work and represent your organization/department at the table. Those two people will remain 6ft apart. It will be hot as always at WBD so we encourage you to rotate members/staff often.
- While students are visiting your table, they must wear their mask and remain 6ft apart.
- For the safety of everyone, on-site interactive table and yard games/activities (such as, but not limited to, spinning wheels, bean bag toss games, darts, on-site craft making etc) are not allowed at your table this year.
- No common containers/bowls for people to reach in and get candy, pens, buttons, giveaways etc. If you have handouts, brochures, giveaways or something to give a student it will be handed to each student individually.
- Hand wash and sanitizing stations will be located at several locations throughout the Quad.
- Each table setup at WBD will be spaced 15 feet apart to provide enough space for students to maintain 6ft distance while moving and visiting each table.