Individuals and off-campus groups are allowed to rent Nicholls State University facilities for a fee.
- University student organizations and departments have priority regarding the use of facilities.
- Groups/individuals with an outstanding debt to the university from a previous reservation will not be allowed to schedule or sponsor events in any university facility until the debt is paid in full.
- Nicholls is a tobacco-free campus. Therefore, smoking or use of other tobacco products (including electronic cigarettes) is strictly forbidden on campus.
Use of Facilities Policy:
- All rental rates quoted are based on a four-hour time period during one calendar day. If an extra day is required for set-up or decorations, a charge of 50 percent of the event rental rate will be added to the bill.
- The university requires a deposit of 50 percent of the rental fee to be paid at the time a reservation is CONFIRMED.
- A refund can be given up to six weeks before event date.
- The renter is responsible for the behavior of event participants. All guests are subject to the same university regulations as their host.
- The university reserves the right to require event security and/or University Police, at the expense of the renter, to monitor any function they deem necessary. The university also reserves the right to determine the number of officers required based on the type of event, crowd expected, and university’s experience of said events or with the particular group reserving university facilities.
- The university is not responsible for items stored or left in facilities without approval or security measures taken.
- The university reserves the right to schedule other functions the day before or after any reserved event. Any organization or individual renting facilities must remove decorations or equipment immediately following the event.
- Individuals and off-campus groups are required to use the university food service contractor – Sodexo USA. Click here for more catering information at Nicholls Dining.
- The campus food service contractor will not serve any donated food, beverage or alcoholic beverage.
- For wedding receptions ONLY, the renter may use an off-campus caterer for food and beverage (increased rental rate will apply).
- The off-campus caterer will not be allowed to use the leased food service operations in Vernon F. Galliano Dining Hall or Le Mélange and Colonel’s Retreat cash operations located in the Donald G. Bollinger Memorial Student Union.
- The off-campus caterer will be allowed to use the catering kitchen areas located behind the Plantation Suite and the Century Club Room. No cooking is allowed on premise. The kitchens are designated as holding/set-up areas.
- The off-campus caterer shall provide a certificate of insurance for the minimum insurance requirements of $300,000 comprehensive general liability naming Nicholls State University as an additional insured and the certificate holder with a waiver of subrogation stated on the certificate.
- The off-campus cater must also provide a alcohol license issue by the Louisiana Alcohol and tobacco Control Office.
- Proof of insurance is required for all facility reservations from individuals and off-campus groups.
- The Campus Reservations Office must receive an original certificate of insurance at least two weeks prior to usage.
- Minimum insurance requirements are $300,000 comprehensive general liability. (A $1,000,000 comprehensive general liability minimum is required for athletic or physical recreation-based events.).
- The Certificate of Insurance must name both the renter and Nicholls State University as an additional insured. Nicholls State University must be listed as the certificate holder. A waiver of subrogation shall be stated on the certificate.
- The university reserves the right to set the minimum limit required for any event held on the Nicholls State University campus on a case-by-case basis.
- The renter of the facility agrees to protect, defend, indemnify, save and hold harmless Nicholls State University, the State of Louisiana, all State Departments, Agencies, Boards and Commissions, its officers, agents, servants and employees, including volunteers, from and against any and all claims, demands, expense and liability arising out of injury or death to any person or the damage, loss or destruction of any property which may occur or in any way grown out of any act of commission of the renter of the facility, their agents, servants, and employees, or any and all costs, expense and/or attorney fees incurred by the renter of the facility as a result of any claim, demands, and/or causes of action except those claims, demands, and/or causes of action arising out of the negligence of Nicholls State University, the State of Louisiana, all State Departments, Agencies, Boards, Commissions, its agents, representatives, and/or employees. The renter of the facility agrees to investigate, handle, respond to, provide defense for and defend any such claims, demand, or suit at their sole expense and agrees to bear all other costs and expenses related thereto, even if it (claims, etc.) is groundless, false or fraudulent.
- After submitting an event request form, the Campus Reservations Office will contact the renter regarding confirmation and rental fee total.
- The renter will be directed to the Campus Reservations Office, where payment will be received. The renter must be able to produce a valid driver’s license or social security card if requested.
- The Campus Reservations Office will issue a receipt for payment to the renter and then forward the payment and deposit slip to the Controller’s Office.
- The remaining balance must be paid within two weeks of the date of the confirmation email received from the Campus Reservations Office.
- A refund can be given up to six weeks before event date.
- At the completion of the event, final billing will be compiled, and the total amount due will be tabulated to reflect advanced deposits. The final bill will be sent to the Controller’s Office, where it will be invoiced to the user.
Set-Up/Tear Down and Decorations Policy:
- The university reserves the right to approve all facility decorations.
- A complete description and diagram are required in advance of the event. This should be done as soon as plans are made and no later than four weeks prior to the event.
- All decorations, props, or equipment must be removed immediately following the event unless prior approval is obtained from the Student Union Director. If not removed promptly and facility custodians are impeded from doing clean up or set up for another event or items left create a problem for the university, the Campus Reservations Office will charge a fee appropriate for the inconvenience involved with correcting the situation.
- The university is not responsible for props, decorations, equipment and personal items, etc. used to set up, clean up, or stage an event, left unattended or not removed promptly, warranting removal or movement by university personnel.
- Individuals and Off-Campus Groups renting university facilities are subject to all costs of staging the event.
- Rental fees for wedding receptions, anniversary or graduation celebrations, birthday parties, dances, etc. are all based on a four-hour event. Any event over the approved four-hour limit will be assessed an additional hourly rental fee. The four-hour time limit will be based on beginning and ending times specified on the reservation form. The additional hourly rental fee will be assessed if the event exceeds 15 minutes past the ending time stated on the reservation form. Renter is subject to a clean-up fee, which must be paid prior to the event. his fee is based on a four-hour event and includes custodian(s) on duty during the event and clean-up after the event. Any event over the approved four-hour limit or which exceeds the clean up charge will be assessed additional overtime charges for custodian(s) on duty. If overtime is required to set-up the event, the renter is subject to overtime charges at time and a half.
- Groups/individuals are subject to overtime charges for any set-up or clean-up in which the custodial staff has to be assigned beyond their normal work schedule.
Last reviewed: 6/5/18